Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008

The below isn’t true litter, but it was left in my yard by living things: fighting hobo cats. There are several feral cats living around my house, including one mean ass looking white cat acting as the alpha male. This cat has a permanent scowl on his face that has me thinking he could kick my butt at his leisure. I have seen this cat brawl with other cats and also woo the lady felines always “closing the deal.” Anywho, this morning at about 5:30, I was awakened by the screaming howls of a cat. It was so loud, I had no choice but to get up and try to scare the cats away. I looked out of my kitchen window and saw Whitey on top of a multi colored cat. Neither cat was happy. Seizing the moment, I grabbed my camera and slowly opened my door. However, the cats got spooked and bolted into my back yard where they engaged in a ferocious battle. The two got themselves into a bear hug and just tore the ever living snot out of each other. Now, we’ve all seen fights that were simply fights. Then there are the fights that make you wince and really feel concern for the combatants. This was one of those fights. It was so bad, I became distracted and failed to video the fight. I ended up yelling at the cats, which broke up the fight. Whitey glared at me as he sauntered away while the other hauled arse over the fence. So, I got the next best thing and took pictures of the shredded fur. I took a wide-angle picture to show the wild amount of fur, but it didn’t come out so hot. The below picture is about one tenth of the fur left behind by the duking cats. Later in the day, I came across Whitey and his usual scowl. Ok, I know you’re waiting for me to somehow work in “kitty litter” here, so there it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew this would be awesome.